Sunday 27 September 2009

Bands I would like to do a video for...

A couple of weeks ago my original estimates for the bands I would like to do songs for looked like this:

Radio Head - Just/You
Crystal Castles - Untrust Us/Crimewave/Black Panther
Gorillaz - 19-2000/19-2000 (soulchild remix)
Bloc Party - Helicopter/Hunting For Witches
The Cat Empire - Sly/Party Started/Hello
Foo Fighters - Up In Arms/All My Life
Kimya Dawson - Loose Lips/I Like Giants

However, after more careful thought I decided that this wouldn't be the best of ideas. The reason for this was because these bands/artists are so well known that everyone would know that my video was out of place and not right to fit with the themes of the band.

For example, if you look at the band Gorillaz; they're very famous and have a theme of these cartoon monkeys which are always used to portray them. If I used any other way if depicting the band it would simply irritate fans, and simply be wrong.

The more likely candidates were the less known bands/artists such as Crystal Castles, Kimya Dawson and The Cat Empire. I am still considering these three as a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment