Wednesday 16 September 2009

Britney Spears Music Video Reconstruction

As a class we were given the task to create a reconstruction of the Britney Spears music video 'Hit Me Baby One More Time'. We were told that we had to create the first sixty shots of the video as closely as possible to the original using our own actors and props.

The role I took up for this project was a cameraman, backing dancer and extra. When the day came not everyone turned up which left us with a bit of equipment missing. This was troublesome but we still managed to pull through with all the props we needed.

As a cameraman I was responsible for setting up the shots to look like the original video, liaising with the director so I can correctly follow his insight into how it should be filmed. I had to be able to operate the camera and tripod correctly, efficiently and be able organize people so I can get everybody in the shot correctly.

As a backing dancer I had to follow the instructions of the director and act in the manner that he wanted me to. I also had to learn some dance moves on set as some of the dancers were off, but as I had so many other roles this wasn't a big problem for me as it wasn't my main job. The main dancers who had to learn everything on set had a worse time.

No comments:

Post a Comment