Tuesday 3 November 2009

Our Videos Rough Cut

Here is the rough cut of Sam and my music video:


It took me quite a while to edit this, but I think the outcome is very worth it. I managed to get really stuck in to the editing towards the end of the song (as the workload was lifted the more I got through) and I think this really shows as the live footage towards the end is probably the videos strongest point.

As for the hair dying clips at the beginning, I have been trying to look for suitable locations to put them, as I felt that the image of a girl dying her hair simply to go to a concert was quite a powerful one. I had the idea to keep them at the beginning (as they are now) but it is clear that I will need to cut the length of them down drastically if that is what is going to happen (this was confirmed in the teacher's feedback).

We were also told to not have the story in such prominent 'blocks' and to break them all up a bit with the live footage, so that there is more going on. Our teacher emphasised that music videos also don't always have to follow a chronological order and that it is perfectly acceptable to have the narrative mixed up, along with the other footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment